If you are looking for a great weekend getaway, Palm Desert is the place to go!
With beautiful weather, affordable resorts, bountiful golf courses, upscale shopping and so many sights to see, it's the perfect place to unwind.
One of the most photographed places in all of Palm Desert is at the J.W. Marriott Desert Resort. This beautiful lake, full of flamingos with a perfect island area is a grand photo op right at the entrance and is open to the public for viewing.
Golf is the ultimate sport for outdoor relaxation, and it is abundant in Palm Desert. There are dozens of golf courses, including:
- Desert Willow Golf Course,
- Shadow Mountain Golf Club,
- Marriott's Shadow Ridge Golf Course,
- Bighorn Golf Club,
- Palm Desert Country Club and more!
Living Desert Zoo and Gardens
The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens is a non-profit zoo and botanical garden with over 500 animals, representing over 150 species, focused on preservation and education about the desert wildlife and natural habitat.
Another popular sport with plenty of places to play is tennis. Here are some of our local favorite courts.
- Palm Desert Tennis Club,
- Indian Wells Tennis Garden,
- Jackie Cooper Tennis Club,
- Desert Tennis Academy,
- Deep Canyon Tennis Club,
- Pete Carlson's Golf and Tennis,
- Palm Desert Tennis Camps and more!
In addition to plenty of retail chains such as Costco, Kohl's, Trader Joe's, Marshall's, Ross Dress for Less, Target and JC Penney's, there are many local boutiques and specialty stores. Here are a few fantastic options for great shopping.
- The Gardens on El Paseo, a fun indoor/outdoor shopping center with limitless shopping opportunities including Ann Taylor, Anthropologie, Apple, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Gucci, Janie and Jack, Loft, Louis Vuitton, Sephora, Tiffany & Co., Tommy Bahama and so much more.
- El Paseo Shopping District, another unique indoor/outdoor shopping center covering nine blocks with over 200 shopping, art gallery and dining options. With an onsite hotel, Hotel Paseo, there is just about everything to offer from fine dining options to art galleries, specialty fashion stores, full-service hair salons and other professional services.
- The Street Fair at College of the Desert, this year-round street fair on the College of the Desert campus is open Saturdays and Sundays in October through May, 8am to noon during June and September with just a brief closure during the months of July and August.